Breast reduction surgery, also known as reduction mammaplasty, is a procedure used to remove excess fat, tissue and skin from the breasts. If you have large breasts, you might choose to have breast reduction surgery to ease discomfort or to achieve a breast size proportionate to your body.
Disproportionately large breasts can cause both physical and emotional distress for patients. Patients with macromastia may experience physical discomfort resulting from the weight of their breasts. The resulting pain can make it challenging for some patients to perform common physical activities. Along with the physical ailments of macromastia, some patients may suffer from emotional distress or more significant mental health problems as a result of their large breasts.
Benefits of Breast Reduction:
• Breasts that are a more proportionate size and shape to the rest of the body
• Symmetry between breasts that had different sizes, shapes or positions on the chest wall
• Nipples and areolas that have a natural size and location to the rest of the breast
• Better fit in clothing and ability to wear a wider variety of clothing styles
• Increased confidence in your appearance
• Ability to participate in exercise programs or other activities